Focus and Scope
«Psychological Prospects» is a peer-reviewed open-access scholarly periodical indexed and listed in international databases in the field of social sciences. The publication presents the results of theoretical-methodological and scientific-experimental research on the actual problems of general, social psychology and related sciences.
Peer Review Process
Scientific articles received by the editors pass through the review institution.
Forms of reviewing articles:
- internal (reviewing manuscripts of articles by editorial board members);
- external (reviewing manuscripts of articles by leading specialists in the relevant field).
The responsible secretary determines the compliance of the article with the requirements for publication and directs it for review to a specialist, PhD of sciences, which is most closely related to the topic of scientific specialization.
The responsible secretary reports to the authors about receipt of the article within 7 days.
The terms of review in each individual case are determined by the responsible secretary.
The review should include the following issues:
- Does the publication of scientific character and corresponds to the edition profile?
- Are the original results presented?
- How logical is the material in the article used?
- Is the list of literature correctly submitted?
- Are the findings of the article consistent with the content?
The full form for reviewing Reviewer-evaluation.pdf
The conclusion about the possibility of publishing the manuscript in the publication:
- the article is recommended for publication: "without comments", "with minor comments (without re-reviewing)", "with significant comments (there is a need for re-reviewing)";
- The article is not recommended for publication.
In case of rejection, the editorial office sends a reasoned refusal to the author. The text of the negative review is received by the author by e-mail.
An article that is not recommended for publication is not subject to re-examination.
A positive review is not sufficient reason for the publication of the article. The final decision on the expediency of printing is taken by the editorial board.
After the editorial board decides on the admission of an article to the publication, the responsible secretary informs the author about it and indicates the estimated publication time. The original reviews are stored in the editorial office of "Psychological Perspectives"
- The articles submitted to the Editorial Board are reviewed within 3 months
- The Editorial Board has the right to send the article for additional review.
- The Editorial Board has the right to the literary editing of the article and if it is necessary to edit it scientifically requesting the author.
- The Editorial Board reserves the right to reject the article that fails to meet the requirements or the remit of the journal.
- In case of the rejection of the article the Editorial Board gives the author a well-grounded decision.
- The authors receive notification of receipt papers within 3 days. The author is informed about the results of the review in a month after registration.
- The Editorial Board presents the author with a free copy of the journal containing the published article.
- The articles are accepted before 1st November and 1st April.
Open Access Policy
The journal pursues the policy of public access to the published content, supporting the principles of the free flow of scientific information and sharing global knowledge for the good of general social progress.
The author who submits an article to the journal explicitly confirms that the paper presents a concise, accurate account of the research performed as well as an objective discussion of its significance. A paper should contain sufficient detail and references to public sources of information.
Fabrication of data is an egregious departure from the expected norms of scholarly conduct, as is the selective reporting of data with the intent to mislead or deceive, as well as the theft of data or research results from others. Authors must obtain permission for use of any previously published materials from the original publisher.
Plagiarism constitutes unethical scholarly behaviour and is unacceptable.
All co-authors share equal degree of responsibility for the paper they co-author. Submitting the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently is unethical and unacceptable.
By acknowledging these facts the authors bear personal responsibility for the accuracy, credibility, and authenticity of research results described in their papers.
«Psychological Prospects» is a peer-reviewed open-access scholarly periodical indexed and listed in international databases in the field of social sciences, approved by the Ministry of Education and Science as a specialized journal where the results of the theses for obtaining the degrees of Doctor and Ph.D. of psychological sciences can be published. The Lesia Ukrainka East-European National University and the Institute of Social and Political Psychology of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine founded the journal in 2001. The publication presents the results of theoretical-methodological and scientific-experimental research on the actual problems of general, social psychology and related sciences.
In 2017 the magazine changed the site.
Old site http://psychoprospects.ucoz.com
New site http://psychoprospects.eenu.edu.ua